Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) - up to $26/hr -Belfast, ME
Swanville, ME 04915 US
Behavioral Health Professional (BHP)- Belfast, ME
MAS Community Health is currently seeking kind and compassionate individuals with a passion for helping others to join our team. We currently have positions open across the state with flexible, part-time scheduling available.
Careers in Community Health are ideal for those who have degrees or current students working towards a degree in: Psychology, Early Childhood or Special Education, Social Work and other related fields.
MAS Community Health provides a wide variety of services to help individuals and families build natural supports to enhance their quality of life. We work within client's homes, and out within their surrounding communities to provide individualized support, innovative therapies, and exceptional service. Through active listening and observation, we adapt to the needs of our clients that we proudly service.
Don’t take it from us, here’s what a Community Health Professional has to say about working with MAS:
“I enjoy working for MAS because it truly is a company that cares about its employees. Whether you’ve had a rough day or a great day with your clients, a supervisor is always there to listen! I also enjoy the kids I get to work with, each of them is special and like no kid you’ve met before.” – MAS Behavioral Health Professional
Perks and Benefits:
Aside from offering excellent care to clients, our Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) jobs provide several benefits for anyone looking to grow in their Community Health career.
- Competitive pay up to $26 per hour once provisionally certified.
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Incentive programs (e.g., Referral Bonus & Bonus opportunities)
- Opportunities to meet new people & use your skills
- Health & supplemental insurance offerings
- Painless Credentialing Process
- 401(k) program
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Assistance with BHP certification course and instruction hours
As a Behavioral Health Professional, you will provide care to clients between the ages of 1-21. Specifically, Behavioral Health Professionals (BHPs) provide supervision and therapeutic support to children struggling with severe and persistent behavioral challenges, in order to help them achieve the highest level of independence possible. This role takes a special kind of person who is patient, trusting, communicative, and innovative.
- Providing individualized support within the clients' personal home and surrounding community.
- Safely transporting the client within your own personal, reliable vehicle.
- Following the client’s treatment plan outlined and created by the client’s family and the case management team.
- Basic understanding of smart phone applications, access to email communication, and awareness around processing electronic documents such as daily session notes. Training is available.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, as in your own vehicle.
- Active motor vehicle insurance & registration
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with children, in the education field or Community Health industry, and/or having an active BHP certification is a bonus.